Google Adwords for estate agents – long-tail keywords

Google AdWords for estate agents

Adwords – Are you getting real results?

It’s all well and good having a fancy, user friendly website, but it counts for nothing if potential vendors and landlords can’t find it.

Recent research has shown that only 6% of searchers look beyond the first page of Google. The other 94% of traffic stays on page one of the results. With billions of websites indexed on Google, organically getting your page on the first page of the results can be tough. In the challenging estate agent sector, reaching customers through channels like Google AdWords is an essential way to bring in business. 

Google AdWords for estate agents – can it bring a ROI? 

The first 10 positions are most sought after as they get 94% of all clicks. This means that positioning on a second page is already a battle lost. The sad truth is, If your website positions further than second page, it basically doesn’t exist. 

Step into your customers shoes

Thinking like your customers will help you come up with and implement meaningful changes. Take a step back and think about how your customers search for your product and service. If you were searching for a product or service like yours, which words and phrases would you type into Google? 

Be more specific with your search

When someone types your keywords into Google, they should be looking for a business exactly like yours. Google rewards relevance and as a result, those people that click on your ad will already be predisposed towards buying or selling with you.

Long-tail keywords are the answer! Long-tail keywords are longer and more specific keyword phrases that your target audience are more likely to use when they’re closer to a point-of-purchase. With smart implementation of long-tail keywords, you may drive less traffic to your website, going purely by numbers, but the return on your investment will be much higher. 

Instead of using keywords like ‘Estate Agents’ or ‘Property for sale’ – be more specific! Be specific about location, renting, buying, selling, number of rooms, whether the property allows pets and so on. You can use Google AdWords keyword planner to help you identify relevant keywords!

Here are some long-tail keyword examples:

  • Looking to buy a property in Maidstone 
  • 4 bed property for sale in High Wycombe
  • Estate agent in Slough
  • Looking to rent a room in Marlow
  • 3 bedroom apartments in Reading
  • Pet friendly property to rent in Beaconsfield

Use Google Analytics to choose effective keywords

Use Google Analytics to identify organic keyword phrases which have resulted in conversions on your website. You can then use them as keywords for your Google Adwords campaigns, or at least use them as a guide for structuring your ad groups effectively.

Six simple steps to ensuring PPC profit

It’s crucial that you research and plan your Google AdWords campaign before spending a penny, which is where our six simple steps to ensuring PPC profit comes in. In it, you’ll discover the simple steps you need to take to ensure a successful PPC campaign and bring new customers and leads to your website. It’s essential reading for anyone considering using PPC advertising.

If you’d rather leave your Google Adwords efforts in the hands of Pay Per Click professionals, then please do get in contact, we’d be delighted to help bring your business a return on your marketing investment (ROI). 

PPC is highly measurable and trackable so that the effectiveness of all activity is clearly demonstrable, and the platforms offer precise control over where, when and to what audience ads are shown, so you can be sure that your PPC budget is spent in the best possible way.